January 19, 2009
The Re-organization meeting of the Jackson Township Planning Commission was called to order at 6:30 pm by Acting Chairman Paul Wyrwas. Following the Pledge of Allegiance and roll call (Paul Wyrwas, Bruce Baker, Don Knopsnyder, Al Gailey and Laird Rager were all present) the election of officers for 2009 was held with the following results:
Bruce Baker was elected Chairman for 2009
2. Al Gailey was elected Vice-Chairman for 2009
3. Don Knopsnyder was elected Secretary for 2009.
Following the reorganization meeting, Bruce Baker called the regular meeting to order.
Minutes of the December 15, 2008 meeting. Motion to approve: Paul Wyrwas, Second: Don Knopsnyder. All in favor.
Outgoing Secretary Al Gailey had the following correspondence for the Commissionís review:
1. Letter from Connie Fetzer resigning as recording Secretary for the Planning Commission.
2. Letter from Township Supervisors re-appointing Don Knopsnyder to the Planning Commission for another four year term ending December 31, 2012.
3. Letter from Hegemann & Wray Consulting Engineers regarding the extension of water service to the Swiggle Mountain Road area by the Jackson Township Water Authority. The project is to go to bid April 2009 with a start of construction projected to be July 2009. When completed the project will serve 42 customers.
The board reviewed the permit application for Fordís Mobile Home Park, no changes in the parkís operation from 2008. Motion to approve: Don Knopsnyder, Second: Al Gailey. All in favor.
The board reviewed the permit application for Sirkoís Mobile Home Park, no changes in the parkís operation from 2008. Motion to approve: Al Gailey, Second: Paul Wyrwas. All in favor.
The board also noted that no application was received from the operator of Leisure Village Mobile Home Park. That facility continues to operate without a permit (2008ónon-compliant).
Motion to adjourn at 6:45 pm by Al Gailey, Second: Laird Rager. All in favor.
Don Knopsnyder - Secretary