Jackson Township
Cambria County, Pennsylvania

Home FAQ'S Links Police Stormwater
Building Code Fees Meetings Recreation Street Lights
Business Finance Newsletters Recycling Supervisors
Calendar Fire Ordinances Roads Taxes
Churches Forms Organizations Schools Veterans
Demographics Garbage Phone Directory Senior Center Voting
Elected & App. Officials History Photos Sewage Water
Emergency Mgmt. KidsPage Planning Special Events Zoning





FAQ'S (Frequently Asked Questions)

Q - Do I Need A Zoning Or Building Permit In Jackson Township?                          

A - If you are building a new home or structure or enlarging the one you have, you should stop at the Jackson Township Municipal Building to complete a Zoning Permit Application to begin the process. After the Zoning Officer completes his zoning review he returns the application to the Township Office. The Township Office will then determine what inspections if any are required under the Pennsylvania State Building Code and provide the forms needed for MDIA (Middle Department Inspection Agency) who enforces the State Building Code for Jackson Township.  If you have any questions about your project, you should contact the Jackson Township Office at 749-0725.  If your project does not involve building a new structure (i.e. - remodeling) you should check with the Cambria County Building Codes Agency at 471-0424 or 471-0425.  Their toll free number is 1-888-471-0424.  They will be able to tell you if anything is required to comply with the Pennsylvania State Building Code.

Q - Are Driveway Permits Required Within The Township?

A - If you are putting in a new driveway or repaving an existing driveway which enters onto a Township road, the answer is yes. Township roads are marked with "T" numbers on the street signs just below the name of the street. If no "T" number is on the street sign, it is probably a private road and no driveway permit would be necessary. If your driveway enters onto a State highway you will have to contact PennDOT.

Q - Who Do I Call For Problems Relating To Animals?

A - Any animal related problems should be reported to the non-emergency phone number of 911. The phone number to call is: (800) 281-1680

Q - How Do I Know What Day Garbage Is Collected On My Street?

A - You can call Waste Management at the following toll-free number (877) 677-4884 to find out or just check with a neighbor. Jackson Township's garbage service provides for unlimited garbage and large items can be placed at curbside.  There are also free quarterly landfill passes available (1 per quarter per household).  Those passes can be obtained at the Jackson Township Municipal Building at 513 Pike Road (Mundys Corner).

Q - Where Is The Township Municipal Building?

A - The Jackson Township Municipal Building is located in Mundys Corner, PA.  From Route 22, exit onto Route 271 South about 1/4 mile.  At the Kwik Fill Gas Station, make a left turn onto Pike Road.  The Municipal Building is on the right hand side just before you get to Pike Grace Brethren Church.  From Johnstown, take Route 271 North to Mundys Corner.  At the Kwik Fill Gas Station, make a right turn onto Pike Road. 

Q - Who Do I Call For Removal Of Deer Carcasses On Roadways?

A - You can call the Pennsylvania Game Commission at (724) 238-5639

Q - Am I Required To Have My House Number On The Front Of My House?

A - Yes, the number should be posted near the front door to your home and should be visible from road directly in front of your house.  In the event of an emergency, having your address number posted on your home could mean the difference between life or death.  Also you can be fined anywhere from $30 to $300 for not having your home posted. 

Q - Who Do I Call About Reserving A Pavilion At One Of The Township Parks?

A - If you are reserving a pavilion, you need to complete the Pavilion Rental Agreement which is found on this website under recreation and forms links.  You may also pick up the form at the Township Municipal Building and submit it with the proper deposit.  If everything is cleaned up after your event, you may receive a portion of the deposit fee back.  If you wish to reserve a recreational facility (ball field, volleyball court, etc.), you can simply call the Jackson Township Office at 749-0725 and your reservation will be put on the Master Recreation Calender.

Back to top
Main Page