Cambria County, Pennsylvania
Winter Driving Guide
2. Always wear your seatbelt.
3. Keep your gas tank full.
4. During inclement weather turn on your headlights.
5. Use extra caution on bridges and ramps where ice often forms without warning.
6. Beware of roads that may look wet but are actually frozen, often referred to as "black ice."
7. Do not park or abandon your vehicle on snow emergency routes.
8. Do not pass or get between trucks plowing in a "plow line" (several trucks plowing side-by-side).
9. If stranded, do not leave your vehicle, rather keep down-wind window cracked, run the motor every half hour and wait for help to arrive.
10. Pack an emergency kit including a heavy blanket, salt or sand, flashlight, water and non-perishable food.
11. Remain at least six car lengths behind an operating snow plow.
12. Motorists should properly winterize their vehicles, check for sufficient tread on tires and reduce speeds, especially on curves. In rural locations, tire chains may be necessary during heavy storms.
CONDITIONS ON PENNSYLVANIA INTERSTATE HIGHWAYS
During winter storms, PennDOT will update conditions as they change on interstate highways.
To report an accident or other emergency please call 911, or if on the Pennsylvania Turnpike please call *11 from your cellular phone.
To report bad conditions on a Township
road, call 749-0725